Adrodd fel Amhriodol

Testun Gwreiddiol (Anodiad: EPW009167 / 2009809)

' Lord George Sanger's 'Margate Abbey' third folly built in 1874 / 1882. This structure built across the disused LCDR railway embankment junction, formed part of the western menagerie perimeter wall and served as the termination point to direct visitors in the pleasure gardens down from the embankment via a set of steps to the indoor menagerie. Very little documentation exists of this folly as it was so well hidden amongst the vegetation that for many years covered the west side of the site. The structure is assumed to have been demolished when the adjacent indoor menagerie building was hit by a bomb in World War Two or when the remaining ruins were cleared in the late 1960s - early 1970s when the Astroslide was built on the site. '