EAW053235 ENGLAND (1954). St Albans, The Market, 1954

© Copyright OpenStreetMap contributors and licensed by the OpenStreetMap Foundation. 2021. Cartography is licensed as CC BY-SA.

Nearby Images (25)

EAW053231
  0° 0m
EAW053232
  0° 0m
EAW053233
  0° 0m
EAW053234
  0° 0m
EAW053235
  0° 0m
EAW053236
  0° 0m
EAW053237
  0° 0m
EAW053238
  0° 0m
EAW053239
  0° 0m
EPW017816
  180° 68m
EPW017815
  210° 75m
EAW015570
  251° 115m
EAW015569
  251° 141m
EPW025387
  32° 154m
EPW025386
  207° 197m
EAW030954
  223° 228m
EPW047108
  231° 231m
EAW015583A
  216° 259m
EAW048027
  231° 275m
EPW047107
  237° 281m
EPW047106
  229° 286m
EPW047112
  234° 290m
EPW047109
  229° 305m
EPW005304
  226° 331m
EAW015584
  227° 336m

Details

Title [EAW053235] St Albans, The Market, 1954
Reference EAW053235
Date 20-March-1954
Link
Place name ST ALBANS
Parish
District
Country ENGLAND
Easting / Northing 514790, 207300
Longitude / Latitude -0.33686191262858, 51.752161853637
National Grid Reference TL148073

Pins

In 1935 Timothy Whites merged with Taylors Drug Co. Ltd. to form Timothy Whites & Taylors; this was taken over by Boots Pure Drug Co. in 1968. The shops themselves were named either simply "Timothy Whites" or "Timothy Whites & Taylors". Just before the takeover, there were 614 Timothy Whites shops; as a result of the takeover, pharmaceuticals were sold by Boots alone, and Timothy Whites was limited to 196 shops selling housewares. The Timothy White's name eventually disappeared in 1985.

Billy Turner
Friday 14th of October 2016 04:30:19 PM