Report content as inappropriate

Original Text (Annotation: WPW051392 / 182299)

' Just visible here is one of the first suspension bridges - built by Thomas Telford opened in 1826 to replace a ferry. It carried the road traffic from Cheshire to Holyhead but was on 2.5 metres wide. Part of the castle was removed to allow for the suspension cables to be anchored. Later a new bridge was added on the seaward side to carry the A55. The main road to Bangor and Holyhead now passes under the river in a tunnel. '