Report content as inappropriate

Original Text (Annotation: EPW016607 / 1353733)

' London Country Club. This had probably closed in its original form by this time. It may have still been used by the players of the golf course, which struggled on for another four years or so. The club went into decline as the result of Claude Grahame-White's continuing dispute with the government concerning the return of ownership of the Hendon Aerodrome subsequent to the ending of WW1. Things were not helped by the Edgware extension of the Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway being built right through the newly opened golf course in about 1923. It was used thereafter as s research building for Standard Telephones and Cables Ltd (Western Electric.) The building was eventually absorbed into the original incarnation of Trenchard's Police College of 1934. It probably disappeared altogether during the development of the new Police College, which was opened in 1974. This version of the college, itself, is being redeveloped within a smaller footprint on the western part of the existing estate. '