SPW022707 SCOTLAND (1928).  Glasgow Green, Glasgow. An oblique aerial photograph taken facing east. This image has been produced from a damaged negative.


?

This image is unlocated

  • +

    Nearby Images (8)

    SPW022707
      0° 0m
    SPW022065
      253° 152m
    SAR014714
      101° 196m
    SAW035932
      124° 202m
    SPW022061
      124° 202m
    SPW022067
      124° 202m
    SPW022174
      124° 202m
    SPW022261
      124° 202m
  • +

    Details

    Title [SPW022707] Glasgow Green, Glasgow. An oblique aerial photograph taken facing east. This image has been produced from a damaged negative.
    Reference SPW022707
    Date 1928
    Canmore Collection item 1297986
    Place name
    Parish GLASGOW (CITY OF GLASGOW)
    District CITY OF GLASGOW
    Region
    Country SCOTLAND
    Easting / Northing 259657,  664418
    Longitude / Latitude -4.2421473690056,  55.852533755447
    National Grid Reference NS597644
    Image size (px)
  • +

    Pins (1)

     The West Boathouse on Glasgow Green. This building houses both the Clyde Amateur Rowing Club (founded 1865) and the Clydesdale Amateur Rowing Club (founded 1857). In 1872 four lads from the Clyde Amateur Rowing Club had a dream to start a Football Club, their names - Moses and Peter Mc’Neil (brothers), William McBeath and Peter Campbell. Today these lads are known as "The Gallant Pioneers", the founders of Rangers Football Club. The official symbol of Clyde ARC is - the Clyde Star, a six pointed, light blue star appears on the club flag, club badge, club rowing kit and is referenced in the club constitution. The first known picture of the Rangers squad shows the 1877 team, resplendent in white shirts, with a light blue, six pointed star on the left breast. (See photo)

       Report as Inappropriate

    Billy Turner
    Saturday 2nd of June 2018 05:21:35 PM