SPW022261 SCOTLAND (1928).  Glasgow, general view, showing Glasgow Green and River Clyde. An oblique aerial photograph taken facing south. This image has been produced from a damaged negative.


?

This image is unlocated

  • +

    Nearby Images (7)

    SAW035932
      0° 0m
    SPW022061
      0° 0m
    SPW022067
      0° 0m
    SPW022174
      0° 0m
    SPW022261
      0° 0m
    SAR014714
      18° 81m
    SPW022707
      304° 202m
  • +

    Details

    Title [SPW022261] Glasgow, general view, showing Glasgow Green and River Clyde. An oblique aerial photograph taken facing south. This image has been produced from a damaged negative.
    Reference SPW022261
    Date 1928
    Canmore Collection item 1256572
    Place name
    Parish GLASGOW (CITY OF GLASGOW)
    District CITY OF GLASGOW
    Region
    Country SCOTLAND
    Easting / Northing 259824,  664303
    Longitude / Latitude -4.2394222267608,  55.851549718645
    National Grid Reference NS598643
    Image size (px)
  • +

    Pins (2)

     The West Boathouse on Glasgow Green. This building houses both the Clyde Amateur Rowing Club (founded 1865) and the Clydesdale Amateur Rowing Club (founded 1857). In 1872 four lads from the Clyde Amateur Rowing Club had a dream to start a Football Club, their names - Moses and Peter Mc’Neil (brothers), William McBeath and Peter Campbell. Today these lads are known as "The Gallant Pioneers", the founders of Rangers Football Club. The official symbol of Clyde ARC is - the Clyde Star, a six pointed, light blue star appears on the club flag, club badge, club rowing kit and is referenced in the club constitution. The first known picture of the Rangers squad shows the 1877 team, resplendent in white shirts, with a light blue, six pointed star on the left breast. (See photo)

       Report as Inappropriate

    Billy Turner
    Saturday 2nd of June 2018 05:28:09 PM
     Nelson's Monument

       Report as Inappropriate

    Class31
    Tuesday 4th of December 2012 09:54:16 AM