Report content as inappropriate

Original Text (Annotation: eaw025222 / 722547)

' Railway - no track on site today. Opened by Great Northern Railway in 1884. The line from Bradford to Thornton via Queensbury was opened as a joint venture between the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway and the Great Northern Railway between 1876 and 1878. The line was extended to Keighley in 1884. To the right is the town and site of the railway station for Cullingworth. Railway closed to passengers in 1955 and completely closed in 1963. Between 1955 and 1963 the line was used for training and testing, including diesel exhaust tests, and concrete sleeper derailing tests. From Cullingworth to Harecroft the p[ath of the line has been used for a footpath (Great Northern Trail). '