Report content as inappropriate

Original Text (Annotation: EPW058091 / 2027175)

' Holloway [later Highgate] tram and trolleybus depot. Opened in November 1907 the LCC operated 336 tram cars from here. Recently converted (March 1938) to operate trolleybuses, LT ran both for the next 14 years to April 1952. Nine trolleybus routes were operated from here - 513/613, 517/617, 609, 611, 615, 627, 639, 653, and 679, as well as trams 31, 33, and 35. The depot could hold 230 trolleybuses but this potential was never realised. In 1950 the depot was renamed Highgate when the Tram and Trolleybus Department was absorbed into The Central Road Services Division, there already being a Holloway Garage. The depot finally became a garage with the abandonment of trolleybuses on 25th April 1961 and reverted to being Holloway when the garage in Holloway Road closed in September 1971. '