Adrodd fel Amhriodol

Testun Gwreiddiol (Anodiad: EAW020365 / 718503)

' Walsall Picture House, later became The Gaumont and The Odeon. The Phantom Flame Flinger of old Walsall town was busy on this site! After opening in July 1920 it was destroyed by fire in September 1923. It was rebuilt and opened again in December 1924. It became known as The Gaumont from 1948 until October 1965 when it became The Odeon. On 2nd March 1971 the building was destroyed in an arson attack and stood derelict for several years before being demolished and the site redeveloped. The photo shows the cinema around 1926/27 (by dating the films showing). '